I made this the other day and swore I will never buy store catsup again! It was so easy and really, really tasty! This is from my a cook book that my "second mother" wrote. Here is her website... http://www.msgmyth.com/ This cookbook is TOTALLY worth buying!
ingredients
1 - 28 oz. can Glen Muir tomato puree
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon pure cider or plain rice vinegar (fresh lemon juice may be used)
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
dash hot red pepper, powdered
scant 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon dry onion granules
2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cloves (optional)
dash garlic powder
preparation
Mix ingredients together in a bowl. (I used crushed tomatoes and blended the ingredients instead). Store in freezer in half pint freezer containers (3 to 4). Try seasoning with other spices such as nutmeg, allspice, or celery seeds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment