Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Egg Free

I was a bit skeptical about an egg-free chocolate chip cookie, but this is not bad at all!  It's more of a crispy cookie than I normally like, but I still managed to eat much more than I should have.

ingredients

1 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup boiling water
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

preparation

1. Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and salt, mix well.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture.
Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
for 10-12 minutes.
5. Don't over cook.
6. Makes 3 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment